How do I apply for a Security Officer Certification? CLICK ON FIND OUT MORE. Send a contact form to inquire about upcoming classes.
and Security Officer Rules and Regulations (PDF) before opening an application.
5. Once you have reviewed the necessary information proceed with the
6. Click on the appropriate "Security Officer, Instructor, Agency Owner and Bounty
Hunter Applications" at bottom of page.
*Noteworthy Info: Utilize desktop and/or laptop computer for application process. NO mobile devices.
Maintain record of Logon ID, Password and Hint Question.
Information on profile page should be accurate and complete.
Always use your personal email. Do NOT use work, company, and/or Instructors email.
It is the applicant's responsibility to keep their profile up to date; address, email,
*If you have EVER made application, regardless if it was, "Withdrawn" "Expired"
"Denied" or "Approved", you are in the SORA database and need to enter as a
2. If you forgot Log On and/or password, follow steps as indicated in #6 below.
*Noteworthy Info: Ninety days prior to expiration, you will be notified via email that it is time to renew Subsequent emails are sent at 60 days and 30 days prior to expiration. Emails are sent to the email address that is listed on your personal profile. Log into the application, under the "Security Officer" tab click on "Submit Renewal." The renewal must be paid using Visa, MasterCard or Discover. In addition to the renewal application, an 8 hour refresher training course provided by a SORA certified instructor must be completed prior to the expiration date. *See #4 above on How to Find an Instructor.
"Forgot your LogonID" link.
3. If you select "Forgot your Password," you will need to enter your logonID, application ID or certification number (number located on your SORA ID card) along with your email address. The email address MUST match the email on your profile.
4. If you select "Forgot your LogonID," you will need to enter your place of birth, application ID or certification number and your date of birth. You will also need to know the answer to your hint question.
*Noteworthy Info: The Private Detective Unit does NOT maintain a record of your Password. Your Password will be sent to you email address that is on your profile. Logon ID is case sensitive.
to begin the Security Agency Owner application process.
*Photo Upload and Sizing Instructions, click here (PDF)